Skip to main content

Andritz AG acquires Diatec S.r.l.

Banca Akros acted as exclusive financial advisor to the seller

Andritz AG, a company listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange and a world leader in the supply of plant, equipment and services for a variety of industries (hydroelectric power plants, pulp and paper industry, metallurgical industry, etc.) has acquired a majority stake (70%) in Diatec S.r.l.  (Diatec), a leading Italian company in the development and production of machinery and technological solutions for the non-woven fabric industry. The remaining minority share (30%) will remain with the founding families who will retain operational functions in the company.

Diatec designs and manufactures highly sophisticated machinery for the disposable hygiene industry (including in particular baby and senior nappies), the food industry and other non-woven applications. The transaction will enable ANDRITZ to expand its offer in the non-woven market, enabling it to cover the entire supply and value chain, offering solutions suitable for raw material processing, web-forming, finishing and conversion of nonwovens.

Established in 1992 and based in Collecorvino (PE), the company is strongly export-oriented, serving customers in more than 50 countries around the world.

Banca Akros acted as exclusive financial advisor to the seller.

The following is a brief description of the transaction:

  • Andritz AG signed an agreement to acquire a majority stake (70%) in Diatec (confidential value)
  • The main drivers behind the assessment were the strong growth history and positive market outlook, together with experienced management and a high quality product portfolio
  • The transaction will enable Andritz to strengthen its presence in the non-woven machinery segment and will generate commercial and production synergies
  • The transaction reaffirms Banca Akros’ growing presence in the Italian M&A mid-market and highlights its ability to play an active and credible role in cross-border transactions

Banca Akros
Senior sponsorship
Giuseppe Puccio

Alessandro Erbanni

Investment Banking Pool
Luca Morello

Corporate Finance Mergers & Acquisitions Companies
Banca Akros
Corporate Finance Mergers & Acquisitions Companies


Advertising message for promotional purposes. For the economic and contractual conditions, please refer to the information sheets available at the bank’s branches and on the website in the Transparency section.